All that you need to know about the match between Kings XI Punjab vs Rajasthan Royals to predict your Fantasy XI:
In the 50th match of this season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), the side from Punjab – Kings XI Punjab will face off against the champions of the inaugural edition Rajasthan Royals. If KXIP wins this match, they will take a clear 2 points leap from the chasing group for the 4th spot. If RR wins they will join with KXIP and KKR at 12 points. KXIP with 6 wins from 12 games and a NRR of -0.049 are at the 4th spot. RR with 5 wins from 12 games and a NRR of -0.505 are at the 7th spot.
Kings XI Punjab will be coming to the match after defeating KKR comfortably by 8 wickets. Mandeep Singh and the universe boss Chris Gayle notched up respective half centuries to chase down the target of 149 in just 18.5 overs. With the sole exception of Arshdeep Singh, all of their bowlers scalped at least one wicket. They just need to keep the momentum going to get another victory.
Rajasthan Royals will be coming to the match after defeating Mumbai Indians by 8 wickets. Chasing a mammoth 195, Benjamin Stokes brought out his brilliance as he went on to score 107* to see his team through. He was ably supported by Sanju Samson, who scored an important 54*. They need to win this match to stay alive in this tournament.
“I think we’ve bowled well overall, this is T20 cricket and there are these patches wherein bowlers go for runs. I feel that our pacers have done well, certain things didn’t go our way where we were unlucky but I feel JD, Tyagi, and Rajpoot have done well in supporting Archer. The next two games are must-win for us to be able to secure the playoffs berth and I am sure our team will put up the best show to be able to achieve that spot.”– Varun Aaron
Match Date, Venue, Timings & Where to watch:
Date: October 30, 2020
Timing: 7.30 PM IST
Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Where to Watch: Star Sports is the official broadcaster of the IPL. Star Sports 1, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 1 Select and its HD channels will provide live telecast of IPL 2020 in India. You can also watch it’s stream on Disney+ Hotstar.
The pitch here is excellent for batting. Also, the bowlers gets some help from the pitch. Chasing has been easier here in the last few matches.
Average first innings score this season: 163
Record of chasing teams: Played – 17, Won – 10, Lost – 7
There is no forecast of rain. The average temperature will be around 30°C. Humidity is expected to be quite high as well.
KXIP 9 – 11 RR
Important Stats for selecting Fantasy XI:
- KL Rahul has been excellent with the bat and is leading his team from the front with 595 runs in 12 matches at an average of 60. He is three short of 200 T20 sixes. The KXIP captain will also become the first batsmen to the 600-run mark this season should he score at least five runs in this game.
- Mandeep Singh was unbeaten on 66 off 56 balls in the previous match and that knock should give him a lot of confidence going forward.
- Chris Gayle put his class and power on display against KKR with a 29-ball 51 and played an important role in his side’s win.
- Mohammed Shami is the leading wicket-taker for KXIP with 20 wickets from 12 matches. His economy rate is 8.46.
- Ben Stokes was brilliant with an unbeaten 107 off 60 balls in the last match and is expected to take-off once again in this game.
- Sanju Samson struck some beautiful shots in the last match against MI and raced his way to 54 off 31 balls. He (23), in his supporting act against Mumbai Indians, overtook Nicholas Pooran (22) as the tournament’s leading six-hitter.
- Jofra Archer has picked up 17 wickets from 12 games and has got an economy rate of 6.71.
- Nicholas Pooran (171.35) has the third-best strike-rate among batsmen who’ve faced 150+ balls in IPL 2020.
Kings XI Punjab –
If Mayank Agarwal is not fit, they will go with an unchanged XI.
KL Rahul (C, wk), Mandeep Singh, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Deepak Hooda/Mayank Agarwal, Chris Jordan, M Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammad Shami
Rajasthan Royals –
Jaydev Unadkat might replace Ankit Rajpoot. They rest are expected to remain same.
Robin Uthappa, Ben Stokes, Steve Smith (C), Sanju Samson (wk), Jos Buttler, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Ankit Rajpoot/Jaydev Unadkat, Kartik Tyagi
Keeper – L Rahul, S Samson, J Buttler
Batters – M Singh, C Gayle, S Smith
All-Rounders – B Stokes
Bowlers – R Bishnoi, M Shami, J Archer, S Gopal
Captain – L Rahul Vice Captain – B Stokes