All that you need to know about the IPL 2021 Match 31 between Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore to predict your Fantasy XI:
The 31st match of this edition’s Indian Premier League is going to be a match-up between Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore. Kolkata Knight Riders played 7 games and won only 2 of them. With just 4 points from 7 games and a NRR of -0.494, they are at the 7th spot in the points table. They desperately need a win here to stay alive in the tournament. A win here can take them to 5th spot. Royal Challengers Bangalore played 7 games and won 5 games. With 10 points from 7 games and a NRR of -0.071, they are at the 3rd spot in the points table. A win here can take them to as high as the top of the points table.
Kolkata Knight Riders will be coming into the game after suffering a 7 wickets defeat at the hands of Delhi Capitals. Andre Russell was the most successful batter scoring 45 runs off just 27 balls. With the ball in hand, Pat Cummins returned with the best figures of 4-0-24-3. KKR will be in dire need of a win here to have any chances of a play-off spot.
Royal Challengers Bangalore on the other hand will be coming into the game after suffering a 34 runs defeat at the hands of Punjab Kings. Skipper Virat Kohli top-scored with a 34-ball 35. Among the bowlers, Kyle Jamieson was the most successful bowler, picking up 2 wickets for 32 runs.
Match Date, Venue, Timings & Where to watch:
Date: September 20, 2021
Timing: 7.30 PM IST
Venue: Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Where to Watch: Star Sports is the official broadcaster of the IPL. Star Sports 1, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 1 Select and its HD channels will provide live telecast of IPL 2021 in India. You can also watch it’s stream on Disney+ Hotstar.
The pitch is going to have good carry and bounce. Team bowling first will have advantage here. 160-170 could be the par score here.
There are minimal chances of rain. The average temperature is going to be around 42 degrees Celsius.
KKR 14 – 13 RCB
Important Stats for selecting Fantasy XI for Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore :
- Nitish Rana had a great start to his campaign in the first leg of the IPL. The Delhi-born left-handed batsman has scored 201 runs in 7 matches. He has an average of 28.71, which comprises of 2 half-centuries.
- Andre Russell is a powerhouse, especially in this format. There is no stopping him when is on the song and his ability to bowl at the death makes him a real asset for any team.
- Varun Chakravarthy doesn’t give any sort of room to the batsmen, while his ability to generate extra bounce from the surface makes him one of the tougher bowlers to face. He is highly deceptive and a must pick player for your fantasy teams.
- Devdutt Padikkal is the next big thing in Indian cricket. He will be acclimatized to UAE conditions, since he made his IPL debut last year in this country. The 21-year-old southpaw has mustered 195 runs in 6 matches in this IPL at an average of 39, which includes a knock of unbeaten 101, which came against Rajasthan Royals.
- Shahbaz Ahmed can play as a floater in the batting line-up, and more importantly, he can provide the team with useful breakthroughs as well. He has picked up 4 wickets and has scored 23 runs with the bat in the first leg.
- Even though Harshal Patel has an economy of 9.17 in this IPL, it is his wicket-taking knack that makes him the real deal. He is the leading wicket-taker so far, having picked up 17 wickets, with the best figures of 5/27.
- Whatever the condition and situation may be, AB de Villiers on any day is the savior number 1 for RCB. He has won plenty of matches single-handedly for his team. In 6 innings in this year’s IPL, de Villiers has scored 207 runs at an average of 51.75 and an excellent strike rate of 164.28.
Kolkata Knight Riders –
Nitish Rana, Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Eoin Morgan (c), Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Shivam Mavi/Kamalesh Nagarkoti, Lockie Ferguson, Varun Chakravarthy, Prasidh Krishna
Royal Challengers Bangalore –
Virat Kohli (c), Devdutt Padikkal, Rajat Patidar, Glenn Maxwell, AB de Villiers (wk), Shahbaz Ahmed/Mohammed Azharuddeen, Wanindu Hasaranga, Kyle Jamieson, Harshal Patel, Mohammad Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal